The Art of Dhrupad: A Vocal Course with Pandit Uday Bhawalkar
Join us for an intensive week-long vocal course based on the ‘Art of Dhrupad’. We’re delighted to invite highly respected dhrupad singer Pt. Uday Bhawalkar to lead the sessions once again this year, which will include film screenings from our archive, talks, and live performances.
All levels welcome. Please use the booking form.
Lunchtime film screenings during the course will take place at 13:00 daily. The selection will include:
· Uday Bhawalkar – Raga Yaman
· Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar – Raga Shankara and Raga Suha
· Bahauddin Dagar – Raga Patdeep
· Ustad Asad Ali Khan – Raga Darbari Kanada
· The Mallik Family (Raga Bhup Kalyan, Raga Jaijaiwanti, Raga Shankara, Raga Adana)
· Ritwik Sanyal – (Raga Puriya Kalyan, Raga Chandrakauns, Raga Hansakankini, Raga Jog)
· Mani Kaul’s ‘Dhrupad’
Free to course participants. Open to the public at a cost of £2, payable on entry.
Participants are responsible for booking their own accommodation, should they require it. Below are some recommendations which are a short journey away from our museum by bus.
These choices cost no more then £50 per night (inc. breakfast). Please note, these rooms provide hostel-like accommodation; please read reviews before booking.
Grantly Hotel (Rooms 1, 4, 12, 14 and 31in the new part of the building are recommended)
Star Hotel (bed and breakfast)
Park Lodge Guest House
Seminar and Q&A: How old is Dhrupad?
Click here for further details on the seminar.